The total number of Supervisor threads, the upper bound on the size of the Supervisor thread pool. This may contain idle Supervisor threads.
supervisor_max_threads = threads
Note: This does not include the 7 additional threads the Supervisor opens to identify idle hosts ready to run jobs, contact dead Workers, and to execute time-based events.
By adjusting this field, the administrator may improve the Supervisor's performance. The increase in threads, however, also increases Supervisor memory requirements. Be mindful of memory usage on the Supervisor after making an adjustment.
- less than 100 workers: 128 threads
- 101 - 200 workers: 150 threads
- 201 - 400 workers: 250 threads
- 401 - 750 workers: 350 threads
- 751+ : 500 threads *
* We recommend you do not go above 350 threads unless the disk on which the database resides is very fast, dedicated to PostgreSQL, is local to the Supervisor, and 350 threads has proven to be too low to meet your rendering needs.
supervisor_max_threads = 64