- Stop Activity on the Farm
It's good practice to first stop current farm activity before doing an upgrade of the Supervisor. Run the following command from a command shell to stop dispatch activity and reject new submissions.
% qbadmin supervisor --set reject_submit
% qbadmin supervisor --set stop_activity
Wait for all activity to stop. Block any remaining jobs by the QubeGUI if needed.
- Stop the Supervisor service.
# /sbin/service supervisor stop
SystemStarter stop supervisor
net stop qubesupervisor
- Uninstall the old version of Qube and install the new version:
rpm –Uvh -e qube-core-ver-releaseos.arch.rpm
rpm –Uvh -e qube-supervisor-ver-release-os.arch.rpm
rpm –ivh qube-core-ver-releaseos.arch.rpm
rpm –ivh qube-supervisor-ver-release-os.arch.rpm
- Follow the standard installation with the .pkg/.mpkg installers (see Installation section for details). The installers will show "Update" instead of "Install" to indicate this is an update.
- Open the "Start->Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs" and remove the Qube Components ("Qube! Supervisor Service", "Qube! Core", etc).
- Install the new Qube Core and Supervisor (see Installation section for details).