Qube! Requirements Checklist
If you are having installation or usage problems, make sure these items are present:
- All computers with OS installed, licensed, and networked.
- Hostname resolution (DNS) working properly on all computers.
- Authentication infrastructure installed and working:
- NIS / YP / LDAP for Linux
- OpenDirectory for OS X
- ActiveDirectory for Windows
- Network filesystem reachable by Client and Worker machines. Alternatively if no authentication infrastructure is in place please ensure open read and write privileges are set.
- All applications (Maya, AfterEffects, etc) already installed on the clients and workers and licensed.
- Python and Perl are installed if using separate jobtypes. You can obtain installers for those languages here: http://www.activestate.com. See this page for details.
- All necessary Qube! installers already downloaded and on a filesystem accessible by all machines.
- If a network account is to be used for the proxy user account, this account should already have been created and granted permission to the shared file system.
- Current Qube! Supervisor license issued for the correct MAC address.
Below is a recommendation of minimum specifications for optimal operation of Qube! Supervisor.