You must perform all the setup procedures outlined here in order to take advantage of metered licensing.
The 3 components of Qube Metered Licensing
- Your Qube Supervisor. It will have some amount of prepaid licenses installed; this is the total of perpetual and unexpired subscription licenses installed on the supervisor.
- The Metered Licensing Portal (MLP), running at https://metered.pipelinefx.com This is a secure cloud-based site where your license usage data is stored. You may log into the MLP and view your usage stats and billing charges up to the last 15 minutes.
- The Metered License Agent (MLA)Data Collector. This is a utility running at your facility which collects data from your supervisor and sends it to the MLP. It may run inside your facility, on a host outside your firewall in a DMZ, or anywhere that can reach both your supervisor and the MLS on the public internet. Depending on your Qube version, this collector could either be PipelineFX's Data Relay Agent (DRA) or the Metered License Agent (MLA).
How it works
- We allow your supervisor to dispatch to any number of hosts, regardless of how many prepaid licenses are installed on your supervisor.
- Once a minute the Metered License Agent (MLA) data collector queries your supervisor for how many workers it has dispatched jobs to, and how many prepaid licenses it has.
- The MLA sends the collected license usage data is periodically sent to the Metered Licensing Portal (MLP). The The default is to transmit every 15 minutes. The data sent is limited to:
- the date and time
- your supervisor's MAC address
- your supervisor's Qube version
- the number of prepaid licenses
- the number of used licenses
- The MLP sends back a license which continues to allow your supervisor to dispatch in excess of its prepaid licenses.
- The amount of used licenses in excess of the number of prepaid licenses gives us a number of "worker-minute" licenses for every minute of every day.
- At the end of the month, we add up all the worker-minutes used for the month and will invoice you at the rate of US $0.10 per hour, with partial hours billed to the minute.