This is from a recent conversation with MAXON North American Sales, is presented for informational purposes only, and is subject to change without notice from MAXON. You must contact your MAXON reseller for confirmed pricing.
- All users of C4D have to buy C4D cmdline licenses to render on a 3rd-party (non-Maxon) farm.
- The minimum order is 100 seats.
- The cmdline licenses are $1.95 a seat, no price breaks on larger volumes.
- Optional at $0.50/seat is a Maxon Service Agreement, entitles users to newer versions of the cmdline licenses.
- cmdline licenses require a Maxon license server, if These licenses are served by the MAXON license server.
- If you already have a floating copy of C4D, you already own a license server.
- If you don't own a MAXON license server, you can buy one on a sliding scale.
- To convert one or more stand-alone C4D interactive licenses to floats, you just buy the license server
- 1-4 seats, $995
- 5-10 seats, $495
- 11+, it's free.
At the end of the day, the cost for all of this depends on the number of C4D seats you already own:
For C4D R16 and earlier:
- Command Line licenses were sold in bundles of 100 for $195.
- Additional seats were possible. Pricing varied per region.
For R17 and onwards:
- Command Line pricing in general is $95 per node. However, pricing varies per region. Contact your local Maxon office or reseller for details.