When using AfterEffects CC, some special handling is required when setting up worker nodes to render AfterEffects projects. Please refer to the Adobe post here:
From the URL:
Instructions for installing render engines with a single-user Creative Cloud Membership subscription
First, if you have installed Creative Cloud applications on two computers, sign out of one of them by opening any of the applications and choosing Sign Out from the Help menu. You can sign back into Creative Cloud on this computer after the render-only instances of After Effects are installed.
Then, on each computer on which you want to install a render-only instance of After Effects CC, do the following:
1. Go to the Creative Cloud download page to download and install After Effects CC.
2. When the installation is complete, start After Effects.
3. Choose Sign Out from the Help menu.
4. Quit After Effects.
5. Create and place the ae_render_only_node.txt into one of the following locations, depending on the user account type:
Creative Cloud Packager for Creative Cloud Teams and Creative Cloud Enterprise
You do not need to follow the instructions above if you are deploying After Effects CC as part of a multi-seat license, Creative Cloud Teams or Creative Cloud Enterprise. Instead, use the Creative Cloud Packager (CCP) to deploy the software. In this case, create the ae_render_only_node.txt file before deployment:
1. Create the ae_render_only_node.txt file as described above, and use CCP to set the destination for this file.
2. Deploy After Effects CC using Creative Cloud Packager.