- Various bug fixes relating to supervisor installation on Windows.
- Add button to the "finished" page to remove all Qube DB data and DB Server software.
- Add current user as Qube Admin.
- Properly update Data Relay Agent (DRA) configuration file when installing DRA.
- Added support for properly checking the installed version of Perl on Windows (Perl v5.14, v5.16, or v5.26).
QubeInstaller v4.0-0 is the first version of the Installer that is Postgres-aware; it manages the supervisor's Postgres installation and related tasks.
- it performs several post-installation steps when installing the supervisor on Windows.
- First ever use of file extension (.qmx) for Qube! manifests, replacing the (.qmf) file extension.
- Includes the option to install the compiled Metered Licensing Agent (MLA) which is a requirement to use Qube! Metered Licensing.
- Addition of the License Agreement Addendum to cover terms and usage of Metered Licensing.
- During installation of the MLA, the following will be created:
- cron jobs on Linux OS's
- launchd jobs on OS X
- and Scheduled Tasks on Windows.
- Self-update & relaunch – the installer now knows when it’s out of date.
- Http rather than ftp downloads – for those secure facilities that block all inbound/outbound ftp.
- Use a kickstart file in the GUI.
- “Download Only” option can download Qube software for any/all OS(s) from one computer.
- Worker mode selection (service mode or desktop-user mode) during install.
- Worker mode will be stored in kickstart file so all subsequent installs will start the same way w/o any additional configuration.
- Notification of and the ability to update using a newer manifest file if the copy in the PFX Internet repository is newer than the local copy.
- The user who installs the supervisor will automatically become a Qube administrator.