ArtistView is a light-weight interface with a dark color scheme that is intended for use by artists more than administrators. On the Mac and Windows desktops, it is a monochrome Qube! icon. In Linux, it is launched by typing 'qubeArtistView' at the prompt (without the quotes).
ArtistView is built on PyQt with a python plugin architecture that drives all context-menus and information tabs.
Let's look at the various areas of the UI and what they are for:
- Main Menu - The standard menu. Utility contains Qubelocker a tool for locking and unlocking workstations slots. Menu details.
- Filter Bar - Use the Filter Bar to filter down the Job Layout to include only those jobs you are interested in. Filter details.
- Jobs/Hosts Tabs - Switch Between Jobs and hosts layout view. Jobs Layout details, and Hosts Layout details.
- Jobs Layout Pane - The most significant portion of the job control and monitoring workflow. Jobs that are displayed here can be filtered, sorted and selected. Jobs Layout details.
- Detail Tabs - Use the detail pane to drill down into the specific details of each job or its components. Look at job logs, statistics, timing graphs, and frame previews (supporting Job Types only). Details Tab info.
- Component Tabs - Examine the job components in this pane. By switching tabs, you can ex-amine a job's Instances or its agenda items (frames). Component details.